The government said that if we are unhappy, we should speak with our votes. Let's do that!
Chances are that BN will win the election but let's make the victory so slim that they will think twice before
making decisions that disadvantage and prejudice against the non-Malays.
Tell Pak Lah that enough is enough! Send him and his arrogant team a clear signal. We can cause a chance for
the better. Think well before you vote in the next General Election.
Below is the result of extreme discriminations and marginalization by the BN govt for too many years. Let's
keep circulating this especially before the next election.
This list, which needs further update and clarification, covers a period of about 49 years since Independence Day in Malaysia (1957):
(1) Out of all the 5 major banks in Malaysia, only one bank is own by multi-racial, the rest are controlled by
(2) 99% of Petronas (the only one petroleum company) directors are Malays, and the former Prime Minister works as Consultant in Petronas.
(3) 3% of Petronas employees are Chinese.
(4) 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays.
(5) 100% all contractors working under Petronas projects must be 'bumi's status' (Malay).
(6) 0% of non-Malays staff are legally required in Malay's companies. But there must be 30% Malay staffs in Chinese companies and as shareholders. Which means non-Malays who own companies need to give their property to Malays. And non-Malays citizen can't really own their business.
(7) 5% of all new intake for government police, nurses, army, is non-Malays.
(8) 2% is the present Chinese staff in Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF), dropped from 40% in 1960.
(9) 2% is the percentage of non-Malays government servants in Putrajaya ( Malaysia main government office). But Malays make up 98%.
(10) 7% is the percentage of Chinese government servants in the whole government (in 2004), dropped from 30% in 1960. Only 2 positions for non-Malays in political status.
(11) 95% of government contracts are given to Malays; even if it is an open tender. Non-Malays contractors who tender lower prices and use better materials can't get the contract that the government gives.
(12) 100% all business licenses are controlled by Malay government e.g. Taxi permits, Approved Permits, etc. and all the license are given to government officers families.
(13) 80% of the Chinese rice millers in Kedah (north of Peninsular Malaysia had to be sold to Malays and controlled by Bernas (Government Org.) since 1980s. Otherwise, life will be made difficult for Chinese rice millers.
(14) 100 big companies set up, owned and managed by Chinese Malaysians were taken over by government, and later managed by Malays since 1970's e.g. UTC, UMBC, MISC, etc. This company now is the sole company.
(15) At least 10 Chinese owned bus companies (throughout Malaysia, throughout 40 years) had to be sold to MARA or other Malay transport companies due to rejection by Malay authority to Chinese application for bus routes and rejection for their application for new buses.
(16) 2 Chinese taxi drivers were barred from driving in Johor (South of Peninsular Malaysia) Larkin bus station. There are about 30 taxi drivers and 3 are Chinese in October 2004. Spoiling taxi club properties was the reason given.
(17) 0 non-Malays are allowed to get shop lots in the new Muar (city in south Peninsular Malaysia) bus station (November 2004).
(18) 8000 billion ringgit is the total amount the government channeled to Malays' pockets through ASB, ASN, MARA, privatization of government agencies like Tabung Haji etc, through NEP over 34 years period.
(19) 48 Chinese primary schools closed down from 1968 to 2000.
(20) 144 Tamil primary schools closed down from 1968 - 2000.
(21) 2637 Malay primary schools built from 1968 - 2000.
(22) 2.5% is the government budget for Chinese primary schools. Tamil schools got only 1%, Malay schools got 96.5%.
(23) While a Chinese parent with RM1000 salary (monthly) cannot get school-text-book-loan, a Malay parent with RM2000 salary is eligible.
(24) All 10 public universities' vice chancellors are Malays. And politics in universities are held by Malays. If non-Malays want to form a political party, there is no way to get approval.
(25) The non-Malay lecturers in major universities have been reduced from about 70% in 1965 to only 5% in 2004. The reason that the Ministry of Education gives is that the government gives full support to Malays only.
(26) Only 5% is given to non-Malays for government scholarships over 40 years.
(27) 0 Chinese or Indians were sent to Japan and Korea under 'Look East Policy'.
(28) 128 STPM (High Study / A Level) Chinese top students could not get into the course that they aspired i.e. Medicine/Doctors in 2004. Malays without qualifying results got into the course.
(29) Of the 10% place for non-bumi students in MARA science schools beginning from year 2003, only 7% were filled. Before that it was 100% Malays.
(30) 50 cases whereby Chinese and Indian Malaysians, were beaten up in the National Service program since 2003.
(31) 25% is the Malaysian Chinese population in 2004, dropped from 45% since 1957 because the government does not support non-Malays like they support the Malays.
(32) 7% is the present Malaysian Indians population (2004), a drop from 12% since 1957.
(33) 2 million Chinese Malaysians have emigrated to overseas since 40 years ago due to unfair politics.
(34) 0.5 million Indians Malaysians have emigrated overseas.
(35) 3 millions Indonesians had migrated into Malaysia and became Malaysian citizens with Bumi status.
(36) 600000 are the Chinese and Indians Malaysians with 'red I/C' (a temporary identity card) and were rejected repeatedly when applying for citizenship for 40 years. Perhaps 60% of them had already passed away due to old age. This shows racism of how easily Indonesians got their citizenships compared to the Chinese and Indians .
(37) 5% - 15% discount for a Malay to buy a house, regardless whether the Malay is rich or poor .
(38) 2% is what Chinese new villages get compared to 98% of what Malays villages got for rural development budget..
(39) 50 road names (at least) had been changed from Chinese names to other names.
(40) 1 Dewan Gan Boon Leong (in Malacca) was altered to another name ( e.g. Dewan Serbaguna or sorts) after being officially used for a few days. Government tries to shun Chinese names.
(41) 0 temples/churches were built for each housing estate. But every housing estate MUST have at least one mosque/surau built.
(42) 3000 mosques/surau were built in all housing estates throughout Malaysia since 1970 with full government support. No temples, no churches are built in housing estates that is supported by the government.
(43) 1 Catholic Church in Shah Alam took 20 years to get its application for construction approved. But it was told by Malay authorities that it must look like a factory and not like a church. Still not yet approved since 2004.
(44) 1 publication of Bible in Iban language banned (in 2002).
(45) 0 of the government TV stations (RTM1, RTM2, and TV3) have directors of non-Malay origin.
(46) 10 times, at least, Malays (especially Umno) had threatened to massacre the Chinese Malaysians using May 13 since 1969.
(47) 20 constituencies won by DAP would not get funds from the government to develop. Or, these Chinese majority constituencies would be the last to be developed.
(48) 100 constituencies (parliaments and states) had been racist re-delineated so that Chinese voters were diluted and Chinese candidates, particularly DAP candidates, lost in elections since 1970' s.
(49) 20 reported cases whereby Malay ambulance attendants treated Chinese patients inhumanely, and Malay government hospital staffs purposely delay attending to Chinese patients in 2003. Unreported cases may be 200.
(50) 50 cases each year whereby Chinese, especially Chinese yout hs, being beaten up by Malay youths in public places. We may check the police reports provided the police took the reports - otherwise there will be no record
(51) 20 cases every year whereby Chinese drivers who accidentally knocked down Malays were seriously assaulted or killed by Malays .
(52) 12% is what ASB/ASN (Malays owned) received per annum while banks fixed deposit is only about 3.5% per annum.
Malaysia should be for all Malaysians. Why should the Malays become the exclusive Malaysian race? Even the so-called Bumis came from other lands. Some of them even came later than the early Chinese and Indian traders.
We do not seek for more privileges but equal rights. Every Malaysian citizen should be given the opportunities and rights to contribute to the nation and at the same time also benefit from her.
Malaysia should belong to all Malaysians... if not, then we are no better than the foreign workers in the Middle East .
In fact, some government officials say that if the Malaysian Chinese and Indians don't like to be treated like this, they can get lost. That is why many of Non-Bumi are migrating.
Why Non-Bumiputras Are Migrating?
With all the vitrolic spewing out of UMNO, it is not surprising that there is an exodus to migrate. Over the past few weeks I have spoken to at least half a dozen professionals, mainly in their late-20s and early-30s who have applied for migration. Many are highly skilled accountants and IT personnel.
The main reasons given are;
1. Fear that there will me another May 13th. in the not too distant future, with consequences far worse, than the 1969 episode.
2. Limited educational and job opportunities for their children in the future, as many feel that there is a strong possibility that Malaysia will be economically marginalised and that we are in a downward spiral towards economic doom, once the petroleum reserves are depleted.
3. Deep anger at the racist policies and open discrimination practised by the UMNO based government.
4. Lack of confidence in the Badawi administration in curtailing the extremist Islamic and Malay agenda.
5. Gradual drift of the country towards an Islamic administration, with the eventual implementation of syariah laws for all.
6. Better financial remuneration outside Malaysia , as salaries appear to have relatively stagnated here.
7. Anger that most of the taxes paid by the non Malays are used to support the Muslim bumiputras and very little is left behind for others. Unlike in Australia, Canada & New Zealand where taxes are used to provide educational,social and health subsidies for all, irrespective of religion, race or creed.
Many of these potential migrants possess skills that the country desperately needs.
This brain drain is further going to jeopardise our competitiveness vis a vis our neighbours.