Wednesday, July 28, 2010

QB at Siem Reap

- been use QB at my recent Siem Reap trip.. USD3 per starter pack.. I shall have just bought the starter pack but being mislead-ed by the Siem reap airport QB counter said USD5 Int'l Calling Card can be used for top up, but rather it's just a Prepaid Int'l Calling Card.

- the minimum top up is USD5 which is way too high for my 4 days 3 nights trip. So I ended up only used the USD1 credit which is included in the USD3 Starter Pack.

- After first few hours, the QB customer service called me to welcome me to QB services and also introduce to me the Prepaid Int'l Calling Card.

- I managed to call back to Malaysia mobile numbers and chatted with my friends. Quality is just ok only.

- I called back to Malaysia (Telekom Malaysia) fixed line my home, my mum hardly heard what I am talking about!

- Referring to GSMWorld page that QB is Cadcomms, which also listed as a GSM1800 operator... but in actual fact, QB (CADCOMMS) has no GSM services, only 3G.. Luckily I have a 3G phone... but coverage is very poor if consider as a 3G operator in Siem Reap, a tourist destination.. No signal inside my hotel room which is just behind the QB shop at Siem Reap..what a joke... Of course once you stepped into the Angkor Wat area, you will lost in contact... Regret to get the QB instead of Hello Axiata which is my roaming network on my Malaysia mobile.. It's everywhere with 3G in Siem Reap town and GSM elsewhere even at Angkor Thom and the rest...

- Will recommend Hello Axiata instead of QB to my friends who will travel to Siem reap, althought Hello Axiata is much expensive but reliable..

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks.