Maybankard Visa Debit is an enhanced ATM (Automated Teller Machine) card. It can be used to withdraw cash from ATMs, and at the same time function like a credit card.
- Who is eligible for Maybankard Visa Debit?
Any customers who have a MAYBANK Current or Savings account aged eighteen (18) years of age.
- What are the EXTRA benefits of having Maybankard Visa Debit?
The Maybankard Visa Debit cardholder will enjoy Maybank’s Treats Points (TP) of 1 TP of every RM3.00 spent through VISA acceptance and 1 TP of every RM5.00 spent through Bankcard acceptance. The Treats Points earned can be viewed in Maybank2u.com.my and redeemable for items under Maybank’s Treats Points program.
- How long does it take to receive a Maybankard Visa Debit?
You will get your Maybankard Visa Debit card on the spot when you apply.
- What are the instances where holding-of-funds transaction are done to my account?
1. Hotel – Amount depends on the duration of stay whereby on check-in, pre-authorization amount will be charged. During check-out, the pre-authorization amount will be reversed and the actual amount will be charged.
2. Petrol transaction at the pump (outdoor) – Pre-authorization amount is RM150 but some petrol operators allow the cardholder to select the amount at the pump. Pre-authorization amount will be charged to customer’s banking account during the fill-up. The pre-authorization amount will be reversed back and the actual filled-up amount will be charged to customer’s bank account once the bank receives the actual filled-up amount from the acquiring bank. Average pre-authorization holding day is 3 days.
- Can I use my Maybankard Visa Debit outside Malaysia?
You can use your Maybankard Visa Debit abroad provided you activate the overseas flag prior to your departure. The activation process can be done through our Maybank ATMs or through our 24 hours customer service center at 1-300-88-6688. Your Maybankard Visa Debit can then be used for retail purchases at any VISA merchants and cash withdrawal at any ATMs with a VISA PLUS logo.